Your privacy is important. This information explains how we comply with Australian privacy requirements.
Lanopearl’s system for complying with Australian privacy requirements includes:
- Our policy and approach to privacy, as explained through this information;
- Our commitment to compliance with standard privacy requirements
- Our resources allocated to privacy, including our technology systems and services; and
- Our people and the training and education we undertake.
Collecting your Personal Information
Depending on your involvement with Lanopearl, we may collect personal information about you such as your name, your contact details, and other information about you such as your age and health etc.
When we use and disclose personal information, in addition to complying with privacy laws and requirements, we comply with applicable laws inclusive of those relating to our products. We collect this information when you contact us, or when requested for it and you, or others on your behalf authorized by you, provide it to us.
Where you prefer that we do not collect your personal information, we may not be able to assist you or provide services or undertake activities that we would otherwise provide or undertake. Where reasonably possible, we seek to work with information and records from which personal information has been removed.
We also collect information that may or may not include your personal information, through technology and tools that tell us when a computer or device has visited or accessed our content. Those tools include services from search engines and other companies that help us to tailor our content, products and services to better suit consumers and customers. Search engines provide facilities to allow you to indicate your preferences in relation to the use of those tools in connection with computers and other devices controlled or used by you.
Using your Personal Information
Generally, we use your personal information for our activities and business, and in our efforts to expand and improve our business. Examples include:
- Providing information about our products and services, including dealing with any enquiry or complaint;
- Operating programmes and forums in different media in which you are able to share information, including your personal information, with us and publicly (on the Terms applicable);
- For any business or professional relationships we may have with you;
- Providing you with marketing communications, alerts, newsletters, surveys, invitations and offers for products including new products that may be of interest to you (and if we do so, we will provide you with a way to opt out);
- If you apply for employment with us, to consider your application;
- To administer and manage promotions and competitions;
- To amend records and to remove personal information;
- To determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or programmes;
- To evaluate our products and services, and conduct consumer research; and
- For other general everyday business purposes that involve the use of personal information.
Storing and Disclosing your Personal Information
We use various systems and services to safeguard the personal information stored and in use, as part of our business systems and processes.
Like many companies, these systems and services may be international in operational nature and include other parts of Lanopearl, our related companies or entities overseas. They may also be provided by other people and organizations assisting us with services, located both in and outside Australia.
We do our best to keep records of personal information up to date and accurate and not to keep personal information that is no longer relevant.
When we pass on or share your personal information in this way, we take steps to ensure it is treated in the same way that we would treat it. Other instances include passing on your personal information to third parties for legal or safety reasons or other special circumstances.
Contact with Lanopearl about your Personal Information
If you seek to contact Lanopearl to access your personal information, to seek correction or to make a complaint about privacy.
You can contact us by completing the form located at:
Our privacy email contact address is firstname.lastname@example.org and further contact details for Lanopearl and privacy are set out below.
Lanopearl Pty Ltd
31 Sydenham Road
Marrickville NSW 2204
Phone: (+61) 02 9516 0263
We will respond to your request for access to personal information we hold about you as soon as we reasonably can, including if we are unable to provide you with access (such as when we no longer hold the information requested).
We do not impose any charge for a request for access, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for our costs associated with providing you with access and retrieval costs.
For complaints about privacy, we will establish in consultation with you a reasonable process, including time frames, for seeking to resolve your complaint.